2nd at German Freestyle Battle in Großenbrode

Last Saturday, roughly about 30 riders gathered at Großenbrode for another freestyle competition. The organizers had decided to give the whole thing a go just the day before. It was quite stressful for me to make it to the event since I had to drive all the way from Munich. I was super tired, it was cold, the wind was really up and down but it was still quite some fun. I made it into the final where I sailed against Tilo Eber. It was a very tight heat and once again I only got second in a much disputed decision. Yet, I was happy with me heat: I could land a burner, a planing kono, a spock culo and a normal culo among other. I would have liked to do some bigger moves but the wind really didn't allow for more this time. The clip which you can find at the bottom of this page shows a couple of moves I did in my first heat. When watching it you may get a feeling of how average the conditions were. Still no complaining here. Here are some photos:
 A kono, right in front of the judges...
 A burner...
 Going in a straight line...
 A culo...
Another kono... 
The prize giving...

Here's a clip of my first heat showing only a couple of the moves I did.
rough cut #4 - First Heat German Freestyle Battle 2.0 2012 from Mathias Genkel on Vimeo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding on a Flooded Field

Reality without a filter

Volar