Another Cold Session

The forecast for today announced winds from the northwest gusting up to 35 knots. I wasn't really tempted to go for an overpowered freestyle session in icy conditions so I headed to the nearest spot with some waves. I took 4.4 and the PD Trailer Wave 78, which I like to use in the twin-fin setup when the wind is onshore and the waves are mushy and small. It was quite some fun out there, but with some higher cliffs just behind the beach the onshore wind got killed on the inside. Further out I was completely overpowered. Plus, the waves weren't steep enough for jumping further out. So all I could do was some onshore wave riding closer to the shore. Here are some photos from today's session. Some of them are not very sharp but we are working on that issue.
As you can see, nearly the whole beach got flooded. So this might have been one of the reasons why the waves didn't form as usual on the sandbar.
This is a rather low forward loop off some chop. It was actually hard to hit a steep ramp with speed. Once in the air, the pressure in the sail was so high I even over-rotated one forward loop, but let the gear go just before hitting the water. Unfortunately, I don't have a photo-sequence of that loop but I got it on video, so it might figure in Wintersurf 2.0.
 This is the second part of the same forward loop.
 This is a shaka closer to the shore with a beach walker's head dropping in.
 A funny shove-it crash because I actually went for a shaka.
A pretty fuzzy backside aerial where the focus of the camera was actually on the background.
Another shaka on a wave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding on a Flooded Field

Reality without a filter

Volar