Meldorf

Grey skies, patches of dense fog and drizzle ... Welcome to Northern Germany in January! Well, it's been quite mild still. And the wind has been really reliable these last couple of days, too. Unfortunately, I haven't used my waveboard once but probably should have done so two days ago. But somehow I always end up freestyling. At the moment, it seems as if it's really quite rare to get some decent wavesailing conditions, unless you are fully committed and willing to spend a lot on petrol or diesel. Also I have never been the one to complain about bad conditions or small swell. For me, windsurfing is all about the feeling. Be it a fast rotation during a burner or culo, a floaty jump or a nice top turn on a wave - all this is windsurfing. Conditions at the Speicherkoog, a small artificial lake close to the North Sea near Meldorf, were not really pumping yesterday. I was on 4.6 and the 90l freestyle board. It was still a lot of fun to windsurf with Jannes and to push each other in less than ideal conditions. Thanks to his new sponsor Red Bull, Jannes seems to be flying higher and higher. Here are some photos shot by Julia:
Jannes crashing...
 That's me with a culo...
 Second part of the same move...
 Jannes on Red Bull...
 Small shaka for the camera...
Me with a small skopu...

Tomorrow, I'm driving down to Bavaria again. If time allows for it, I will edit a short clip from yesterday's session as well. See you on the water!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding on a Flooded Field

Reality without a filter

Exploring